I've been a little bit secretive about the shoe scouting I've been doing of late, because I wasn't sure that it would work out, but it has. Morgan & Milo is undoubtedly my favourite brand of kids' shoes, and they're now in store.
I have three criteria for kids' shoes:
(1) Comfortable (they won't wear them otherwise, no matter how gorgeous or expensive they are)
(2) Stable (Harri was a late, and rather wobbly, walker, and ill fitting shoes made toppling over all the more likely)
(3) Gorgeous design (no characters (*))
(4) Reasonably priced (no, I don't want to pay $150 for shoes she'll wear for 6 months, thank you).
That's why I love Morgan and Milo. After a lot of searching last year, I came across a pair of blue sparkly Mary Janes from the M&M range which I indulged in (at reasonably vast expense due to the US dollar and the postage cost). Harriet wore the shoes until the glitter fell off and she had well and truly grown out of them. Never has a pair of shoes received so much love and attention, or so many compliments from strangers.
So Morgan and Milo was a natural choice for me when looking to introduce some shoes to fit with the new Spring / Summer range. The blue Harri is wearing is so last season (apparently), so I've gone with the *pink* because to be honest that's what all little girls really want, and if you're going to do sparkles there's not much point doing french navy.
But I'm actually more excited about the boys' shoes. Boys do get a little overlooked in the toddler design stakes (part of the reason I started In The Round), but M&M have certainly not forgotten about our other half. These shoes, "tobacco suede" are so cute, and actually significantly nicer than the photo. The grey is a little on the latte side, and the orange is really bright.
PS. I have these shoes in sizes 18 months to 6 years, so the bigger kids don't miss out this time.
* I am not anti character things – dvds, toys you name it, we have a tonne of it (did I hear you say Disney Princess?). Just not on shoes, please.