I’ve had a very productive (if not slightly anxious) weekend trying to implement my business plan and make sure that I’m on track for the web launch. Generally things are progressing on track, but I had a panic at about 9am this morning that maybe the dress design (which is part of the generic stock) wasn’t the right shape, or couldn’t be meticulously pulled off (I am a terrible seam critic).
I sent Harri out with Daddy for the afternoon, and gave it another burl (given I haven’t made once since before xmas) – I had a great time. Finally, it felt like all of the tricky parts (zips, yoke interfacing) weren’t quite as hard as they had been and it almost sewed itself.
Because I had creative license, I decided to deviate away from the two designs I have decided on for the range, and try something a little different. This design was influenced by two things (1) this tiny, gorgeous, scrap of liberty from Mimi’s stock and (2) these (Japanese, of course) spotted buttons which, at their price, had to be used for something for Harriet.
Harri likes it because, yes, it spins. And to be honest I think it’s comfie – she ran around for about an hour for me to get some shots and looked completely unrestricted. I’m now seriously thinking of putting this in the range, and dropping one of the other designs. And to do that, tomorrow, I might head out to some fabric shops and have a look around. It is, after all, Day 1 of stay at home motherhood and Harri is of to Grandma and Grandpa’s – I could get used to this…